St. Cloud Achieves Advanced Orthopedic Certifications
St. Cloud Surgical Center Achieves AAAHC Advanced Orthopedic Certification & Designation as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement
St. Cloud Surgical Center has achieved Advanced Orthopedic Certification by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
- Certification is based on patient outcomes and built on accreditation requirements.
This means St. Cloud Surgical Center has met the highest level of nationally recognized standards for the provision of quality health care set by AAAHC.
- AAAHC Certification demonstrates the use of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines, ongoing performance improvement strategies, and an effective organizational infrastructure aimed at providing safe and effective care.
- St. Cloud Surgical Center has also received designation as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement through BlueCross Blue Shield Minnesota. The Blue Distinction Centers designation signifies that their Knee and Hip Replacement Program met nationally established Selection Criteria by demonstrating expertise in delivering quality specialty care, safely and effectively.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota identifies providers on bluecrossmnonline.com. These postings are an important component in differentiating designated providers and help Blue members make better-informed decisions about where they seek specialty care.
St. Cloud Surgical Center has completed over 1,542 joint replacement surgeries since starting its program in 2014.
- During that time, it has maintained outstanding surgical outcomes with an infection rate of less than 1% and a patient satisfaction score of 9.88 out of 10.
“Each of our patients undergoing a joint replacement participates in an educational class on what to expect and how to prepare for surgery,” said Darci Nagorski, CEO at St. Cloud Surgical Center. “We require this education because it helps to create a mindset that same-day discharge after joint replacement is possible as long as the patient adheres to our center’s extensive care plan that is designed for successful recovery after such a surgery.”
About St. Cloud Surgical Center
St. Cloud Surgical Center was founded in 1972 by Joseph C. Belshe, M.D., and was the first freestanding ambulatory surgery center in Minnesota and the second in the United States. Our accredited center has been serving Central Minnesota and has cared for over 300,000 patients. Our clinical professionals strive to be among the best providers in the healthcare industry. Our mission is to exceed customer and community expectations by promoting our culture of surgical excellence through our dedicated, compassionate and gracious teammates.
For more information on St. Cloud Surgical Center, which is located at 1526 Northway Drive, St. Cloud, MN, 56303, please call: 320-251-8385 or visit www.stcsurgicalcenter.com.
Founded in 1979, AAAHC is the leader in ambulatory health care accreditation, with more than 6,100 organizations accredited. AAAHC accredits a wide range of outpatient settings, including ambulatory surgery centers, office-based surgery facilities, endoscopy centers, student health centers, medical and dental group practices, community health centers, employer-based health clinics, retail clinics, and Indian/Tribal health centers, among others.
AAAHC advocates for the provision of high-quality health care through the development and adoption of nationally recognized standards. The organization provides a valuable survey experience founded on a peer-based, educational approach to on-site review. The AAAHC Certificate of Accreditation demonstrates an organization’s commitment to providing safe, high-quality services to its patients—every day of the 1,095-day accreditation cycle. It is recognized by third-party payers, medical professional associations, liability insurance companies, state and federal agencies, and the public. For more information on AAAHC, please visit www.aaahc.org.