Meet Inspire, Your New Bedtime Best Friend
If one of your 2023 goals is to get a better night’s sleep due to ongoing sleep apnea concerns, it might be time to look into Inspire.
No mask. No hose. Just Sleep.™ Inspire is the only FDA-approved obstructive sleep apnea treatment that works inside your body to treat the root cause of sleep apnea with just the click of a button. At St. Cloud Surgical Center, we are lucky enough to have two of the foremost doctors in sleep apnea surgery on our team. Dr. Ronald Hanson and Dr. Amy Dearking are trained Inspire physicians and have been using this system with their patients for years, with hundreds of successful outcomes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SLEEP APNEA
Sleep apnea is a potentially serious sleep disorder where breathing is repeatedly interrupted during sleep.
There are three main types of sleep apnea.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA): The most common form occurs when throat muscles relax and block airflow to the lungs.
- Central Sleep Apnea (CSA): A type of sleep apnea occurs when the brain doesn’t send proper signals to the muscles that control breathing.
- Mixed or Complex Sleep Apnea: When both OSA and CSA occur during sleep.
While some extra snoring at night may not seem like the end of the world, it is imperative not to let it go untreated. Untreated sleep apnea can be extremely dangerous, leading to serious health risks such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, and more, including mental and emotional issues due to lack of sleep.
SIGNS YOU MIGHT HAVE SLEEP APNEA:
- You or your partner reports loud snoring
- You have episodes during sleep in which you stop breathing
- You are gasping for air during sleep
- You awaken with a dry mouth
- .You have consistent morning headaches
- You have difficulty staying asleep ( insomnia)
- You have excessive daytime sleepiness (hypersomnia)
- You have difficulty paying attention when awake
- You find yourself becoming more irritable
Sleep Apnea type can be challenging to diagnose as some symptoms may overlap, but it’s important not to let multiple symptoms go unreported to your doctor. You and your partner don’t have to suffer in silence.
HOW INSPIRE CAN HELP YOU GET A BETTER NIGHT’S SLEEP
Many people have heard of the CPAP machine, and while it works for some, it may not work for all. Studies have shown only about 50% of people can tolerate and consistently benefit from CPAP. If you, or someone you know, might be struggling with a CPAP, Inspire could be the solution.
Unlike a CPAP, Inspire works inside your body, allowing you to sleep without a mask or hose. You simply turn on your device at night by clicking a button on your Inspire Sleep Remote. While you sleep, Inspire will gently deliver a pulse to your tongue to keep your airway open, thus preventing apneas from occurring. Learn more about Inspire from Drs. Hanson or Dearking and how it can help you.
- 90% of bed partners report no snoring or soft snoring
- 91% of people are satisfied with Inspire
- 79% reduction in sleep apnea events
- 94% of Inspire patients say Inspire is better than CPAP & would recommend Inspire to others